-
Installing software libraries (not using apt-get?)
Hi
I am trying to install GAUL (genetic algorithms utility library), for the purposes of developing software for my hons thesis. I've managed to make all the libraries, I just need to get them into usr/lib. GAUL comes set up so that I should just be able to go make install, but this tells me that usr/lib is on a r/o file system, so I can't copy to it. How do I get usr/lib to not be read-only, or how can I install these libraries elsewhere and tell the system to look there?
(Or, am I on completely the wrong course? )
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 08:47 PM
-
By dale-s in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 08:55 PM
-
By ikkenorsk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:02 PM
-
By bilal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 09:29 AM
-
By nd_z in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage HP DVD +r/+rw Writer DVD300i New Record At 4X
$74.99

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00

Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks
$59.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

DEC Alpha CPU 290A 21064-CA 166 21-35023-14 166Mhz rare vintage CPU GOLD
$109.95

Intel Pentium 66 A80501-66 SX950 uncommon vintage CPU GOLD
$72.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88