-
Installing software libraries (not using apt-get?)
Hi
I am trying to install GAUL (genetic algorithms utility library), for the purposes of developing software for my hons thesis. I've managed to make all the libraries, I just need to get them into usr/lib. GAUL comes set up so that I should just be able to go make install, but this tells me that usr/lib is on a r/o file system, so I can't copy to it. How do I get usr/lib to not be read-only, or how can I install these libraries elsewhere and tell the system to look there?
(Or, am I on completely the wrong course? )
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Are you running from cd?
If not, you have to run "make install" normally as root, because no one else has write-permissions to /usr/lib.
This should be mentioned in either 'README' or 'INSTALL' or both.
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 08:47 PM
-
By dale-s in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 08:55 PM
-
By ikkenorsk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:02 PM
-
By bilal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 09:29 AM
-
By nd_z in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99