-
Installing software libraries (not using apt-get?)
Hi
I am trying to install GAUL (genetic algorithms utility library), for the purposes of developing software for my hons thesis. I've managed to make all the libraries, I just need to get them into usr/lib. GAUL comes set up so that I should just be able to go make install, but this tells me that usr/lib is on a r/o file system, so I can't copy to it. How do I get usr/lib to not be read-only, or how can I install these libraries elsewhere and tell the system to look there?
(Or, am I on completely the wrong course? )
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 08:47 PM
-
By dale-s in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 08:55 PM
-
By ikkenorsk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:02 PM
-
By bilal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 09:29 AM
-
By nd_z in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H
$29.99

Ooma 2602 Office IP Desk Phones 2-Pack for Ooma Office VoIP
$153.98

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW
$89.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07