Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Answered

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    It's really just a matter of taste where you mount and unmount. If you're working on the desktop do it there and vice versa. Just notice that the console command for unmounting is umount.

  2. #22
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    35
    Ok, I wanna go over tnhis before I say thanks for helping me and running away, I will say thanks now.

    Thankyou

    Ok, this is my new fstab
    Code:
    # /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
    #
    # filesystem  mountpoint  type  options  dump  pass
    /dev/hdb1  /  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  0  1
    
    proc  /proc  proc  defaults  0  0
    /dev/fd0  /floppy  vfat  defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022  0  0
    usbdevfs  /proc/bus/usb  usbdevfs  defaults  0  0
    sysfs  /sys  sysfs  defaults  0  0
    /dev/sr0 /cdrom  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/sr1 /cdrom1  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/dvd /dvd  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/cdaudio /cdaudio  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/auto/cdrom1  auto   users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb2 none swap defaults 0 0
    1.I have no DVD can I remove the line for it?
    2.how can I have hda1 auto mount when the o/s boots or atleast when I get into KDE, like hdb2 does.
    3. Thanks so much, I've learned alot while doing this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Drezliok
    Ok, I wanna go over tnhis before I say thanks for helping me and running away, I will say thanks now.

    Thankyou

    Ok, this is my new fstab
    Code:
    # /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
    #
    # filesystem  mountpoint  type  options  dump  pass
    /dev/hdb1  /  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  0  1
    
    proc  /proc  proc  defaults  0  0
    /dev/fd0  /floppy  vfat  defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022  0  0
    usbdevfs  /proc/bus/usb  usbdevfs  defaults  0  0
    sysfs  /sys  sysfs  defaults  0  0
    /dev/sr0 /cdrom  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/sr1 /cdrom1  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/dvd /dvd  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/cdaudio /cdaudio  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/auto/cdrom1  auto   users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb2 none swap defaults 0 0
    1.I have no DVD can I remove the line for it?
    2.how can I have hda1 auto mount when the o/s boots or atleast when I get into KDE, like hdb2 does.
    3. Thanks so much, I've learned alot while doing this.
    1. Go ahead and remove it
    2. Change it to: /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs auto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
    3. You're welcome
    I commented earlier out this line which you can remove as well:
    /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/auto/cdrom1 auto users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
    If you do want automount change it to: (and comment out the other sr1 with an # )
    /dev/sr1 /mnt/auto/cdrom1 auto users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
    But as said, I don't like automounting for removable devices so I don't really know what makes it work.

  4. #24
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    35
    thankyou.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Ramdisk needed if HOME moved?... NOT answered
    By sunburnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:22 AM
  2. Im new to this and i need some questions answered
    By psycofirek in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 05:25 PM
  3. Still not answered: intel i810 onboard audio problems
    By talismand in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99