They're the actual devicenames under which your cd-drives are connected, just have to find out which ones so you'll have to run the commands to see.
oki I know what the CD would be but whats SR and SCD?Originally Posted by Markus
They're the actual devicenames under which your cd-drives are connected, just have to find out which ones so you'll have to run the commands to see.
My system is "tuxeater" because it's windows portion is called Orca.Code:drezliok@tuxeater:~$ dmesg|grep cd sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 48x/48x cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 32x/32x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray drezliok@tuxeater:~$ dmesg|grep sr Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0 Attached scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0 sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 48x/48x cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 32x/32x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray drezliok@tuxeater:~$ dmesg|grep scd drezliok@tuxeater:~$
The dmesg|grep scd did nothing as you see by the info.
Try changing this:
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdrom1 /cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
to this:
/dev/sr0 /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/sr1 /cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
BTW, the line for your floppy is ok, so you'll just have to recreate/change the desktop icon.
Also type groups as user to see if you're in the cdrom group.
Then do:
To see if the group is cdrom, owner can be rootCode:cd /dev ll cdrom cdrom1 sr0 sr1
I noticed in the fstab that there are to remarks for cd-rom1, is that normal?
tested sr0 and sr1cd-roms works but pops a error,Code:root@tuxeater:~# cd /dev root@tuxeater:/dev# ll cdrom cdrom1 sr0 sr1 ls: cdrom: No such file or directory ls: cdrom1: No such file or directory lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jul 8 22:39 sr0 -> scd0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jul 8 22:39 sr1 -> scd1 root@tuxeater:/dev#
being that CD-roms are read only is there a way I can be rid of that error?Code:mount: block device /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
Anyways to have it unmount automaticly when the media is removed? This includes Floppy.
No it's not normal, but unless you edited them away, I don't see them. This is what I think you should have:I noticed in the fstab that there are to remarks for cd-rom1, is that normal?
# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hdb1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/sr0 /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/sr1 /cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/auto/cdrom1 auto users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hdb2 none swap defaults 0 0
Then do:
I'm assuming here that you have a dvd-cdburner combo drive.Code:ln -s /dev/sr1 /dev/dvd ln -s /dev/sr0 /dev/cdaudio chgrp cdrom /dev/dvd /dev/cdaudio /dev/sr0 /dev/sr1 /dev/scd0 /dev/scd1
I don't get it, there's a ro in fstab. How did you try to mount it?Originally Posted by Drezliok
Haven't tried as I kind of like doing things manually. You only have to right click the desktop icon and choose unmount or do: umount /cdrom or umount /floppy. Without automating things you know that you don't pop your floppy out before writing/reading is done.Anyways to have it unmount automaticly when the media is removed? This includes Floppy.
no DVD-burner and the so called Cd-burner doesn't burn in linux anyways, I've tried in Fedora core 1 and 2, mandrake9.1, 9.2, 10.0CE, 10.0OE. no worries though, I still have XP.
edit: Knoppix 3.3 and 3.4 too.
New icons on the desktop in KDE, should I do it in the konsole instead?Originally Posted by Markus

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99
CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99