-
Data being destroyed?!?!
How do I stop everyting that I did on Knoppix from being destroyed when I shutdawn? Ex: I change my desktop wallpaper and add a few files to my desktop. I shut the pc down and boot knoppix again. Where did my files go?? Where did my wallpaper go?? Help please!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Unless you followed these instructions: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...stentHomeHowTo then Knoppix behaved exactly as it should have.
Knoppix saves your wallpaper, files & preferences in a special RAM space which is "wiped clean" upon reboot or system reset. The instructions above are used to create a space on your system's harddrive (or other drive like a USB flash RAM drive) instead of it's normal RAM space to hold your files & preferences. This would allow you to keep files & settings between reboots.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By DeadMonitor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 05:41 AM
-
By egbill3eagle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:15 AM
-
By hugeness in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 03:32 AM
-
By danidins in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 08:32 AM
-
By Sucker in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50