Check that the downloaded size of knoppix is what is supposed to be.
Hi,
I'm not so skilled in linux use, but I found knoppix very friendly so I decided to install it on my HD.
I followed and executed the kn2hd script and evertything gone ok.
But at the restart i got kernel panic after LILO selection (it is the same with knoppix, debian or beginner install metod):
with linux
mount: fs type devfs not supported by kernel
pivot_root: no such file or dir
/sbin/init:423 : cannto open dev/console
with 2.4 kernel
kernel panic: vfs: unable to mount root fs on 03:05
with kernel 2.6
kernel panic: vfs: unable to mount root fs on hda5
Somebody hs one idea of what appened and help me? I have never had some type of truble with linux installation...
Thank you all in advance
![]()
Check that the downloaded size of knoppix is what is supposed to be.
I'll check it. Could be strange if the problem is just an incorrect size or files contents of the iso image, because it works fine booted from cd.
Thank for the tip.
Any other sugestion is welcome d ...

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99