Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: gtk+2.0 lib problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3

    gtk+2.0 lib problem

    I am writing some stuff that uses GTK2.0. Unfortunetly, only GTK1.2 is installed on knoppix. What can I do to use GTK2.0? I'm a newbie, so please explain like I'm a mule.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1
    I'm trying to install a prog that requires Gtk2.0 and I can't get it to install for the life of me. At least, when I tried to compile the GTK source, it gave me all kinds of problems but I used dselect to install it and it says it worked (with dependencies) but still the prog I'm trying to install (Gaim) keeps saying that it can't find where GTK is. I'm trying to install version .79 of Gaim.

    I'm a newbie also, but isn't it true that if Gaim 0.77 which came with Knoppix works, then 0.79 should work also? The requirements from .77 to .79 didn't change much.... Not that I can tell.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    As for Gaim .79

    I got it running in my system. I had similar problem with you, error gtk
    bla bla...
    Actually the problem is not the gtk; gtk just a scape goat.
    What I did was, when running ./configure i jot down all the dependencies error. Then I apt-get install all dependencies file one by one, run ./configure again....and walllllaaaaa.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    I just did a apt-get upgrade. Then i try some compiling which cannot be done before because of the QT thing. Amazingly it install successfull.

    So....I recommend you to upgrade. After upgrade you need to edit some of you /etc/rc1.d.....rcS.d , because alot of them you don't need to run at boot time....slow down your system.
    Before upgrade please write down what type of service is installed.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  2. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69