-
Senior Member
registered user
Proxy utility wanted!!!
Is there a proxy utility for knoppix? Not that my system is slow, but I would like to get the best out of it.
Thanks.
-
What exactly do you mean by "proxy utility"?
If you are talking about a caching web proxy server, then the one most people use with Linux is probably squid.
It does seem to come with Knoppix.
I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve with it though. Unless you are sharing one internet connection with several computers/users, I don't think you are going to get any better performance than simply having a nice big cache in your web browser.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am talking about software like PROPEL or PEOPLEPC-ACCELERATED that helps accelerate 56K connections.
I have tryed JAP and it seems to do something. Maybe I have the wrong configuration... don't know.
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 01:29 PM
-
By kveeral in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 09:23 PM
-
By completenewbie in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 06:06 PM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 04:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Rainbow Apple Logo Travel Bag Computer Carrying Case Black Vintage
$250.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00

Vintage 64MB EDO Laptop RAM Lot 144-Pin LGS Hyundai HB56UW264D8-6L 60ns
$19.49

Chuan Wei 2464 VW-1 80 Degrees 300V E138961 5.5 Ft Cable Cord Vintage
$64.98

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72