-
Senior Member
registered user
Proxy utility wanted!!!
Is there a proxy utility for knoppix? Not that my system is slow, but I would like to get the best out of it.
Thanks.
-
What exactly do you mean by "proxy utility"?
If you are talking about a caching web proxy server, then the one most people use with Linux is probably squid.
It does seem to come with Knoppix.
I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve with it though. Unless you are sharing one internet connection with several computers/users, I don't think you are going to get any better performance than simply having a nice big cache in your web browser.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am talking about software like PROPEL or PEOPLEPC-ACCELERATED that helps accelerate 56K connections.
I have tryed JAP and it seems to do something. Maybe I have the wrong configuration... don't know.
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 01:29 PM
-
By kveeral in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 09:23 PM
-
By completenewbie in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 06:06 PM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 04:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99