Try the alsa driver. Type in the bootscreen "knoppix alsa".
I do not have any sound. Tried to play a cd and nothing. CD was playing.
Try the alsa driver. Type in the bootscreen "knoppix alsa".
I have it on my HD. knoppix 3.4
Is the problem with CD only? Do other sounds work? Did you use beginner type install, Debian type of like from CD.
Beginner install. No sounds at all.
What's your hardware? I've got a Dell 400sc and for the first few days I had no sound. Had to fuss with /etc/modules.conf to get the right modules.
I don't know anything about the hardware but it's a newer HP. Don't know about modules either. Can someone help?
try this command on root shell:
/etc/initd/knoppix-autoconfig
See wether your sound card is detected or not.

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99