Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: intel 537 modem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5

    intel 537 modem

    Hello all,
    My daughters boyfriend downloaded KNOPPIX 3.4 for me to try and I like it a lot. BUT I am a a complete novice with LINUX having just managed to copy the cd to my harddrive.

    I need someone to tell me

    1 how do I get to log on as root using KDE desktop
    2 how do I install the drivers for my modem which I think I have found
    3 who am I?
    I havent got a clue what to do but would love to get rid of windows "spit"! and browse using KNOPPIX. Please if you can help treat me gently and dont use big words

    Thank you in anticipation. PS looked thru the archives here but couldnt find what I thought I was looking for

    Jock

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166
    After opening a terminal type "su" followed by enter. Then you are asked to type in your root password. Knoppix supports many modems already. So what kind of modem are you using?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166
    Oh sorry it's a Intel 537 I see!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks PULSAR for the reply. Reposted in HARDWARE

    JOCK

Similar Threads

  1. Intel(R) 536EP V.92 Modem driver instalation
    By Florinux in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 05:07 AM
  2. Intel HaM Modem - installed drivers, now I'm stuck
    By stonedyak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 11:19 PM
  3. Knoppix Live CD & Intel 536EP modem
    By papadelta in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 11:23 AM
  4. Intel 536ep Modem
    By TheCyberDude in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 02:19 PM
  5. Modem err : ALi Corporation Intel 537 [M5457 AC-Link Modem]
    By www.rzr.online.fr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$249.99



LENOVO THINKPAD X13 YOGA GEN 1 i5-10210U@1.60 8GB RAM 256SSD BKLIT BT CAM TOUCH picture

LENOVO THINKPAD X13 YOGA GEN 1 [email protected] 8GB RAM 256SSD BKLIT BT CAM TOUCH

$189.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i  CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD picture

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD

$245.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99