-
Junior Member
registered user
user desktop config not saved
3.4 (2.6.6) hd installed. When using "root" my desktop configuration is saved, and when I reboot to root the desktop comes up as I last configured it. when I use user desktop my desktop configuration is not saved . Example: When in "user" the default floppy doesn't work. I delete that floppy and and make a new "floppy device icon" (/dev/fd0) which works as it should. When I shut down and reboot to user. The old default icons are now back. It seems I am unable to erase the default user devices permanently from the user desktop. Also, my sound mixer settings revert back to the default settings too.
TIA, Jesse
-
Senior Member
registered user
Maybe has to do with the CONTROL CENTER?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Perhaps you can try saving your Knoppix configuration and editing your LILO to boot Knoppix with your saved configuration.
From the K menu go to Knoppix and one of the options should be to save current Knoppix configuration. Just follow the directions from there.
-
Junior Member
registered user
User Desktop Config Not Saved
I think you are talking about making a copy of knoppix config so when booting Knoppix from
CDROM you can boot with your latest configuration, and not use the default CDROM config.
Hopefully, I can find a way to save my "user" desktop config automatically, like it does when in "root", so that the "user" desktop will be saved as user default and will boot up to that when the user desktop is chosen. I'm sure fstab has nothing to do with it as it is not changing. What I would like to know is, when user is picked as opposed to root, what file or files determine which
links should be placed on the user desktop. Could this have been written into the kernel by Knoppix?
TIA, Jesse
Similar Threads
-
By zippix in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 11:36 PM
-
By j.drake in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 12:42 PM
-
By puggled in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 04:10 PM
-
By pwoods in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 06:10 AM
-
By sweetzip in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD
$40.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00