-
Junior Member
registered user
user desktop config not saved
3.4 (2.6.6) hd installed. When using "root" my desktop configuration is saved, and when I reboot to root the desktop comes up as I last configured it. when I use user desktop my desktop configuration is not saved . Example: When in "user" the default floppy doesn't work. I delete that floppy and and make a new "floppy device icon" (/dev/fd0) which works as it should. When I shut down and reboot to user. The old default icons are now back. It seems I am unable to erase the default user devices permanently from the user desktop. Also, my sound mixer settings revert back to the default settings too.
TIA, Jesse
Similar Threads
-
By zippix in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 11:36 PM
-
By j.drake in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 12:42 PM
-
By puggled in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 04:10 PM
-
By pwoods in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 06:10 AM
-
By sweetzip in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$319.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

HP Z2 G5 Workstation Xeon W-1250 32GB 1TB SSD NVIDIA RTX 4000 Win11 Pro
$560.00