-
hey, first of all thanx to the ones who replied the message!
I still have the same problem though.... First I tried what mzilikazi, but when I did pump I got "operation failed", and when I tried ping, i got the message "unknown host".
Then I tried what shah told me. I didn't know how to find my i.s.p. nameserver, so on windows I tried ipconfig /all and I got two DNS servers (200.43.32.12 and 200.43.32.13), so i figured those were the i.s.p. nameservers. Then I went back to Knoppix (I'm running it from the CD), and I edited the file /etc/resolv.conf four times, and after each time I tried pump and got "operation failed" each time, I also tried netcardconfig and got the same message, and I also tried to open a web page with the web browser and it didn't work.
The way I changed the file was this:
First time:
# Insert nameservers here
# nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 200.43.32.12
Second time:
# Insert nameservers here
# nameserver 127.0.0.1
search cantv.net
nameserver 200.43.32.12
Third time:
# Insert nameservers here
# nameserver 127.0.0.1
search cantv.net
nameserver 200.43.32.12
nameserver 200.43.32.13
Fourth time:
# Insert nameservers here
# nameserver 127.0.0.1
200.43.32.12
I don't know if that was the way I was supposed to edit the file, or if I'm doing something wrong, or not doing something, but I still can't connect to the internet! HELP!!!
Similar Threads
-
By calathar in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
-
By linukas in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 10:13 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
-
By jselman in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 12:33 AM
-
By THiM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN - SK Hynix 64GB PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz Registered ECC DIMM Dual
$493.31

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99