Sometimes acpi=off can help. This help to me.
I am using Knoppix 3.6. and 3.7 without any network problems with always the same standard hardware (= Intel network card).
Now: Booting Knoppix 3.8 stops at eth0, DHCP broadcast - nothing is going on. There is a DSL router with DHCP server.
Finally I found the parameter [nodhcp] and used it, but after starting Knoppix I cannot install the network card by hand. The system freezes totally after the input of the correct static IP addresses.
Sometimes acpi=off can help. This help to me.
I've tried - no solution, sorry...
nevertheless thanks a lot!

1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON
$99.95
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00