-
Junior Member
registered user
Kernel restore?
I have recently installed Knoppix 04-05-17 over my slightly older 04-05-10 version. My problem is that the 2.6.6 kernel of 05-17 does not support Reiser4 whereas the 2.6.5 kernel of 05-10 did. Is it possible to copy the 2.6.5 kernel of the 05-10 CD onto my HDD, let's say to replace the 2.4.x kernel that I never use? I'd really like to access my (testing-purpose) Reiser4 drive again.
I have heard that it is possible to copy a whole kernel from a Knoppix CD to a HDD install, but I do not know which files to include. Can anybody help me with this one?
Thanks in advance!
Linuxshark
Similar Threads
-
By GCMartin in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 04:49 PM
-
By ncsuapex in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:57 PM
-
By bartavelle in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco Catalyst C9300-48U-E 48-Port UPOE Network Switch
$650.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00