-
protecting against knoppix
Hello,
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in to, but I couldn't see one that it definetly fits in to...so I apologise if it is wrong!
I am doing a project on ways in which the usefullness of log files can be circumvented and ways to protect against these.
Obviously knoppix is a great tool that is able to circumvent the current OS.
I read an article online:
http://cyberdefensemag.com/march2004/citech.php
Which was very useful and helpful.
However, I understand that using Knoppix it is possible to bypass security constraints as it doesn't even deal with the hard drive, but I was wondering whether you could explain how in fact it would be possible to put in security constraints to prevent people from attacking a computer using Knoppix.
If anyone could suggest methods in which it would be possible to prevent against attacks on systems using knoppix, that would be really helpful.
If anyone has any hints and tips in general or useful articles concerning my project I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Fennis
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 SODIMM 32GB (2x16GB) PC5-4800 RAM Laptop
$750.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99