The version in Knoppix 3.2 is Kismet 1.4![]()
Hello Everyone,
I am just curious if any one know what version of Kismet is in the new Knoppix 3.2? Or is it even in version 3.2?? Currently, Kismet is in 3.1, but it is only kismet v 1.4, which btw doesn't have all the feature as the later versions.
Anyway... thanks for any information that you guys can provide.
Min
The version in Knoppix 3.2 is Kismet 1.4![]()
Yeah... I see that.... That sucks... can anyone tell me how to upgrade just that package to the latest version??
or
Does anyone have a package that have the lastest version???
Thanks.
Min
I would also be interested in a newer version of kismet being put in the iso disk.
If anyone has a modded 3.2 disk with kismet new version let me know!
Not that I'm an EXTREEME Newbie or anything, but can someone please explain what Kismet is?
Thanks...![]()
Kismet is a wireless network monitoring tool
http://www.kismetwireless.net
Min
Yeah!!...
Kismet 2.6 on Knoppix 3.2 works great!!!
How do you typically start a kismet session? I typed kismet in a root xterm it seems that it's more complex than that.
1) up the interfaces
2) kismet_monitor -i interface
3) kismet -i interface
default is for cisco card.
depending on what card you are using ... you may need to add a -t for types
http://www.kismetwireless.net for more details
I use Cisco Airo Net 352 PCMCIA card and Knoppix 3.2
1) edited config files /etc/kismet
2) ifconfig eth0 up
3) kismet_monitor -i eth0
or
echo "Mode: r" >> /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0/Config
echo "Mode: y" >> /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0/Config
4) Checked /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0/Config and mode is "yna (any) bss rfmon
5) kismet -i eth0
FATAL: Source 0 (cisco-cap): pcap reported netlink type 1 (EN10MB) for eth0. This probably
means you're not in RFMON mode or your drivers are reporting a bad value. Make sure you have run kismet_monitor.
Starting UI...
FATAL: Could not connect to localhost:2501.
Terminating...
What is the problem? Should I try airo-linux drivers from sourceforge?

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00
Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2
$30.00
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$200.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99