The version in Knoppix 3.2 is Kismet 1.4![]()
Hello Everyone,
I am just curious if any one know what version of Kismet is in the new Knoppix 3.2? Or is it even in version 3.2?? Currently, Kismet is in 3.1, but it is only kismet v 1.4, which btw doesn't have all the feature as the later versions.
Anyway... thanks for any information that you guys can provide.
Min
The version in Knoppix 3.2 is Kismet 1.4![]()
Yeah... I see that.... That sucks... can anyone tell me how to upgrade just that package to the latest version??
or
Does anyone have a package that have the lastest version???
Thanks.
Min
I would also be interested in a newer version of kismet being put in the iso disk.
If anyone has a modded 3.2 disk with kismet new version let me know!
Not that I'm an EXTREEME Newbie or anything, but can someone please explain what Kismet is?
Thanks...![]()
Kismet is a wireless network monitoring tool
http://www.kismetwireless.net
Min
Yeah!!...
Kismet 2.6 on Knoppix 3.2 works great!!!
How do you typically start a kismet session? I typed kismet in a root xterm it seems that it's more complex than that.
1) up the interfaces
2) kismet_monitor -i interface
3) kismet -i interface
default is for cisco card.
depending on what card you are using ... you may need to add a -t for types
http://www.kismetwireless.net for more details
I use Cisco Airo Net 352 PCMCIA card and Knoppix 3.2
1) edited config files /etc/kismet
2) ifconfig eth0 up
3) kismet_monitor -i eth0
or
echo "Mode: r" >> /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0/Config
echo "Mode: y" >> /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0/Config
4) Checked /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0/Config and mode is "yna (any) bss rfmon
5) kismet -i eth0
FATAL: Source 0 (cisco-cap): pcap reported netlink type 1 (EN10MB) for eth0. This probably
means you're not in RFMON mode or your drivers are reporting a bad value. Make sure you have run kismet_monitor.
Starting UI...
FATAL: Could not connect to localhost:2501.
Terminating...
What is the problem? Should I try airo-linux drivers from sourceforge?

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
Intel H2000 4 Node H2216XXKR, 2x 1600w PSU HPC Server Chassis 16x 2.5"
$199.99