The version in Knoppix 3.2 is Kismet 1.4![]()
Hello Everyone,
I am just curious if any one know what version of Kismet is in the new Knoppix 3.2? Or is it even in version 3.2?? Currently, Kismet is in 3.1, but it is only kismet v 1.4, which btw doesn't have all the feature as the later versions.
Anyway... thanks for any information that you guys can provide.
Min
The version in Knoppix 3.2 is Kismet 1.4![]()
Yeah... I see that.... That sucks... can anyone tell me how to upgrade just that package to the latest version??
or
Does anyone have a package that have the lastest version???
Thanks.
Min
I would also be interested in a newer version of kismet being put in the iso disk.
If anyone has a modded 3.2 disk with kismet new version let me know!
Not that I'm an EXTREEME Newbie or anything, but can someone please explain what Kismet is?
Thanks...![]()
Kismet is a wireless network monitoring tool
http://www.kismetwireless.net
Min
Yeah!!...
Kismet 2.6 on Knoppix 3.2 works great!!!
How do you typically start a kismet session? I typed kismet in a root xterm it seems that it's more complex than that.
1) up the interfaces
2) kismet_monitor -i interface
3) kismet -i interface
default is for cisco card.
depending on what card you are using ... you may need to add a -t for types
http://www.kismetwireless.net for more details
I use Cisco Airo Net 352 PCMCIA card and Knoppix 3.2
1) edited config files /etc/kismet
2) ifconfig eth0 up
3) kismet_monitor -i eth0
or
echo "Mode: r" >> /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0/Config
echo "Mode: y" >> /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0/Config
4) Checked /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0/Config and mode is "yna (any) bss rfmon
5) kismet -i eth0
FATAL: Source 0 (cisco-cap): pcap reported netlink type 1 (EN10MB) for eth0. This probably
means you're not in RFMON mode or your drivers are reporting a bad value. Make sure you have run kismet_monitor.
Starting UI...
FATAL: Could not connect to localhost:2501.
Terminating...
What is the problem? Should I try airo-linux drivers from sourceforge?

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Vaquform DT2 - Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine
$800.00
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Trucozie Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Self-Standing Lightweight Stick Vacuum New Ope
$89.00