-
Small remastering help needed
Hello!
I have Knoppix 3.4. I successfully used the knoppix-installer script to install Knoppix 3.4 on my hard drive. For a certain application (LFS 6.0 testing) I need a 2.6.* kernel compiled with GCC 3.*, and a "cat /proc/version" command tells me the K3.4 kernel is 2.6.5 compiled with GCC 2.<whatever>. Now I want to somehoe recompile the same 2.6.5 kernel with a newer GCC; however, the Knoppix remastering / custom kernel HOWTOs are a little above my level of knowledge and understanding... What I want to do is keep the current kernel configuration and just compile it; however I didn't find the kernel source code in /usr/src, and a configuration file only for the 2.4.*.... In short, I'm in need of advice how to proceed to get a working Knoppix with a 2.6.* kernel compiled with GCC 3.*
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By ottosykora in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 14
Last Post: 10-26-2006, 02:08 PM
-
By DVknoppix in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 09:16 PM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:24 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99