Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Proxy utility wanted!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    124

    Proxy utility wanted!!!

    Is there a proxy utility for knoppix? Not that my system is slow, but I would like to get the best out of it.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    What exactly do you mean by "proxy utility"?

    If you are talking about a caching web proxy server, then the one most people use with Linux is probably squid.

    It does seem to come with Knoppix.

    I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve with it though. Unless you are sharing one internet connection with several computers/users, I don't think you are going to get any better performance than simply having a nice big cache in your web browser.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    124
    I am talking about software like PROPEL or PEOPLEPC-ACCELERATED that helps accelerate 56K connections.
    I have tryed JAP and it seems to do something. Maybe I have the wrong configuration... don't know.

    thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Bluetooth utility
    By lotech in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 01:29 PM
  2. New utility on Knopiix
    By kveeral in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
  3. Proxy utility wanted!
    By xaviers2002 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 09:23 PM
  4. Cd Label Wanted
    By completenewbie in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 06:06 PM
  5. Wanted: Overview
    By senorian in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00



Intel Core i7-11700K 3.60GHz 11th Gen CPU Processor MPN SRKNL X239G085 picture

Intel Core i7-11700K 3.60GHz 11th Gen CPU Processor MPN SRKNL X239G085

$140.00