How do I install programs in Knoppix, and and at the boot menu how do I put in more then 1 command? Do I do it this way "knoppix fromhd=/dov/hda1, knoppix myconfig=scan"?
How do I install programs in Knoppix, and and at the boot menu how do I put in more then 1 command? Do I do it this way "knoppix fromhd=/dov/hda1, knoppix myconfig=scan"?
As a rule you can't install software to a live cd but there have been some strides made in that direction. There is kilk (do a search) but it only works w/ KDE.
Boot like so:
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda1 myconfig=scan
no i told it the command "knoppix tohd=dev/hda1" so it runs off the hd. That way i can save stuff right?
Use knoppix-installer from root and follow directions.
The key is to set up a persistent home. All installed programs get saved to the persistent home with Klik. Set up the PH, restart, and use a cheatcode to tell the live CD where to look for the PH. Then install the apps using Klik (or do it the hard way, as long as you're saving to PH. This might help:Originally Posted by Fuel
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11856
jd

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99