Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Simpleton needs some simple answers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3

    Simpleton needs some simple answers

    Okay, I recently did an install of Knoppix 3.3 on my second hd. I have WinXP on the first and I now need to know the proper procedure to adjust the boot file for windows to include Knoppix.

    Please make this as simple as possible. I have already scoured the internet and not found anything to work so far. I have tried all kind of things.

    Here are some things to note, I did not create a startup disk (as I thought I already had one from a previous venture), and I did not install Grub or Lilo.

    If someone can get me past this milestone and on to a working dual-boot, I'll be on my way to Windows free

    Thanx,

    ajunt_ornj

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    Everyone has his/her favorite boot loader they will try to sell you on...mine is a version of GRUB for Windows from a unique Linux distro called Topologilinux (it runs Linux from within two large files that live on your NTFS partition).

    This version of GRUB uses Windows' NT loader to dual-boot and is very easy to set up (and you don't have to download the entire Topologilinux distro to get it).

    Post if you're interested in more.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3
    Sure I'll go with that one. Let me know if you need more info on my setup and we'll go from there.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    I too am interested in a good win32 native bootloader

Similar Threads

  1. It Used to Be A Simple CD ISO Download!
    By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 09:06 AM
  2. Simple DNS question...
    By RandomGoon in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:59 AM
  3. help with simple script
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:25 AM
  4. Simple Question...
    By SnipingWolF in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:27 AM
  5. Simple remastering
    By veuf in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.75