Hi. I installed Knoppix 3.3 on HDD. When I boot off HDD, startx won't work but it works when I boot from CD.
Hardware is Dell Latitude CPi, NeoMagic. At first, it just tried the SVGA so I made a change so that it would use NeoMagic(/etc/sysconfig/xserver)...shouldn't it do that automatically like on the CD?
I get lots of no symbols found for libGLcore.a and libspeedo.a and font render already registered at priority 0. Is that normal? I dont think this is the problem though.
Here is what is different in the logs.
Good:
(II) PCI: stages = 0x03, oldVal1 = 0x8000183c, mode1Res1 = 0x80000000
(II) Bus 1: bridge is at(0:3:0),(0,1,4), BCTRL: 0x0500()VGA_EN is cleared
(II) Bus 5: bridge is at(0:3:0),(0,1,4), BCTRL: 0x05c0()VGA_EN is cleared
Bad:
(II) PCI: stages = 0x03, oldVal1 = 0x00000000, mode1Res1 = 0x80000000
(II) PCI: 01:00:0 chip 1737,ab08 card 1737,ab08 rev 11 class 02,00,00 hdr 00
(II) Bus 1: bridge is at(0:3:0),(0,1,4), BCTRL: 0x05c0()VGA_EN is cleared
(II) Bus 5: bridge is at(0:3:0),(0,1,4), BCTRL: 0x05c0()VGA_EN is cleared
Seems like my startup is detecting different things. Any ideas?

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50