-
Thanks for the reply ghetto_blaster. I am still baffled at making an install. Is there really a detailed (read every step) to doing a harddrive install. I feel that I am missing something. I dont care about the harddrive or the data on it. I look at the tutorial for harddrive install for knoppix and it leaves out a lot of the options you must choose to get knoppix installed. If someone can point me to a clearer posting of how to do the harddrive install or just post it I would appreciate it. I have a 3 gig harddrive using 2.5 for ext3 and .5 for linux swap. After I boot do I have to do something to make the harddrive writeable? What about after I try writing the new partition table and it says I must reboot. If I reboot how will it save or change the harddrive when it is booting from the cd again? I am completely lost, please help.
Thanks,
Jera
Similar Threads
-
By slp44 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 01:23 AM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 09:56 AM
-
By mikejn1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:42 PM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 10:21 AM
-
By Borthas in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 06:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00