Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Where are the other Windows Managers?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5

    Where are the other Windows Managers?

    Hi,

    I used to use Knoppix 3.2 installed to my hard drive. I just installed 3.3 (did a complete wipe install) and I can't find the KDE Menu boxes that let me switch between windows managers. It used to bet there in 3.2 but not now. I ike being able to go from FluxBox to KDE to Fluxbox in a snap.
    I know about using the cheatcodes when booting from the CD, but how do I do it now that its on my hd?
    Also, I don't get the KDE box that lets me choose my WM. Is that part of the problem?

    Thanks,

    AdriMagnon

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5
    Hi,

    Nevermind. I found it. It is under the Knoppix Penguin on the KDE app bar and then its Utilities/Chose-Restart Knoppix Desktop

    AdriMagnon

Similar Threads

  1. Window managers and features
    By lotech in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 04:31 AM
  2. What's the difference in window managers
    By sunburnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 05:12 AM
  3. Switching window managers/desktop environments
    By RoyalMail in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 12:34 PM
  4. no window managers ...? more questions too
    By DimGR in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:41 PM
  5. How do I change window managers
    By winowman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 12:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health picture

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health

$360.00



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$299.00



Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New picture

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New

$185.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max picture

Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max

$199.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99