Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Where are the other Windows Managers?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5

    Where are the other Windows Managers?

    Hi,

    I used to use Knoppix 3.2 installed to my hard drive. I just installed 3.3 (did a complete wipe install) and I can't find the KDE Menu boxes that let me switch between windows managers. It used to bet there in 3.2 but not now. I ike being able to go from FluxBox to KDE to Fluxbox in a snap.
    I know about using the cheatcodes when booting from the CD, but how do I do it now that its on my hd?
    Also, I don't get the KDE box that lets me choose my WM. Is that part of the problem?

    Thanks,

    AdriMagnon

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5
    Hi,

    Nevermind. I found it. It is under the Knoppix Penguin on the KDE app bar and then its Utilities/Chose-Restart Knoppix Desktop

    AdriMagnon

Similar Threads

  1. Window managers and features
    By lotech in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 04:31 AM
  2. What's the difference in window managers
    By sunburnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 05:12 AM
  3. Switching window managers/desktop environments
    By RoyalMail in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 12:34 PM
  4. no window managers ...? more questions too
    By DimGR in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:41 PM
  5. How do I change window managers
    By winowman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 12:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU picture

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU

$279.99



NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11 picture

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11

$450.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$140.00



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99