Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Redneck Gardener NFS Windows Question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3

    Redneck Gardener NFS Windows Question

    I am a gardener in Georgia, not a computer programmer, so excuse me if my question is ignorant.

    I have a family database viewing program, I want to be able to get files (pics and whatever) from other relatives Windows computers into my Linux System.

    What do I need to fix to make a custom Knoppix CD that will boot with a known IP/name for itself and another regular Linux so I can take over a Windows machine by CD and file transfer with NFS.

    On regular Linux
    I understand editing the NFS client server files.
    I understand how to put in IP and Host name.

    Can I edit Knoppix on a hard drive and then burn it to CD and be able to take over any relatives Dell and transfer files???

    Any help on what to read would be GREATLY appreciated!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3

    ...

    Ok, I guess answers are in Knoppix Remastering HOWTO thread???

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Arbogast, you're right. The only way to do what you want to do is by following the directions that eadz and others have put in the remastering howto.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3

    Cool

    I have a Family Photo program and archive I keep on my Linux computers (I like Windows, but I have found it is unreliable for maintaining huge archives of .tiff and .mp3 files uncorrupted in experience)

    I need to get lots of files sometimes from relatives computers. People freak out when you want to pop open the Dell Case and pop in a Linux Hard Drive to get the data out, or casually suggest they should upgrade that PC with a HD Bay so they can go back and forth between Windows and Linux.

    A modified Knoppix CD and a portable Linux, both running NFS client and server would be perfect.

Similar Threads

  1. Windows Folder Security - Knoppix Question
    By eiilers in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 07:09 AM
  2. ultra newbie question!!!! how do I move the windows?
    By truefate in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:16 PM
  3. How to install WINDOWS 2000 besides LINUX and WINDOWS 98
    By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
  4. newbie question on booting in windows 98
    By Steven Wallace in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 02:18 AM
  5. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 64GB (1x64GB) 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN Server Memory picture

SK Hynix 64GB (1x64GB) 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN Server Memory

$575.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM

$3199.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98