Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Intel 537ep winmodem driver install question HELLLLLLLLP!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5

    Intel 537ep winmodem driver install question HELLLLLLLLP!

    Hello again,
    Please ! someone out there must know how to do it



    Ive downloaded the file from INTEL for my modem.
    Ive copied my KNOPPIX CD to my harddrive (NOT AN INSTALL)
    I am running from my harddrive
    Ive made a swap file on my HD and a persistant HOME image
    How do I install my modem driver? what do I do with the .tgz thingy ?

    JOCK

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Well first of all I know absolutely nothing about winmodems. Secondly I don;t know if you can install anything when booting the compressed KNOPPIX fromn hdd.

    Where did you get the .tgz? They should have instructions for how to install it.

    You simply issue:

    tar xzvf file.tgz to extract it. I think there is some sort of archive utility in KDE that should also work to extract the driver.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for reply mzilikazi,

    I am trying to do an Install but Windoze wont let me partition the disc. I think its something to do with the OEM install procedure from the install discs from what I can see I think it allocates all the disk to windows. I have a copy of win 98se and I plucking up courage to wipe the disc and install this so I can split the partition


    PJ

    edit I got it from the INTEL site

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    23

    Might I suggest 2 things...

    First, download a copy of Partition Magic and make a linux ex3 partition on your hd.

    Second, if you are using dial-up, obtain an EXTERNAL modem that will be very easy to
    set up in any linux distro.

    I have a lousy intel winmodem on two computers and they are very inefficient besides being
    made to work on windows alone anyhow. This is why I purchased and use an external modem. There are drivers that you can dl from intel for
    this but for a beginner like yourself I would do the above. Hope this helps.

    pgk

Similar Threads

  1. Intel(R) 536EP V.92 Modem driver instalation
    By Florinux in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 05:07 AM
  2. Help: Custom CD with patched Intel ipw2200 driver
    By pcbbc in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 07:42 PM
  3. INTEL 537EP - KNOPPIX 3.4
    By blackx in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 12:10 AM
  4. ANOTHER WinModem Question .. T.T
    By xd2 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 07:19 PM
  5. [driver probbs] - Intel PRO/wireless 2110 pcmcia driver.
    By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested) picture

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)

$39.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95