-
Intel 537ep winmodem driver install question HELLLLLLLLP!
Hello again,
Please ! someone out there must know how to do it
Ive downloaded the file from INTEL for my modem.
Ive copied my KNOPPIX CD to my harddrive (NOT AN INSTALL)
I am running from my harddrive
Ive made a swap file on my HD and a persistant HOME image
How do I install my modem driver? what do I do with the .tgz thingy ?
JOCK
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well first of all I know absolutely nothing about winmodems. Secondly I don;t know if you can install anything when booting the compressed KNOPPIX fromn hdd.
Where did you get the .tgz? They should have instructions for how to install it.
You simply issue:
tar xzvf file.tgz to extract it. I think there is some sort of archive utility in KDE that should also work to extract the driver.
-
Thanks for reply mzilikazi,
I am trying to do an Install but Windoze wont let me partition the disc. I think its something to do with the OEM install procedure from the install discs from what I can see I think it allocates all the disk to windows. I have a copy of win 98se and I plucking up courage to wipe the disc and install this so I can split the partition
PJ
edit I got it from the INTEL site
-
Junior Member
registered user
Might I suggest 2 things...
First, download a copy of Partition Magic and make a linux ex3 partition on your hd.
Second, if you are using dial-up, obtain an EXTERNAL modem that will be very easy to
set up in any linux distro.
I have a lousy intel winmodem on two computers and they are very inefficient besides being
made to work on windows alone anyhow. This is why I purchased and use an external modem. There are drivers that you can dl from intel for
this but for a beginner like yourself I would do the above. Hope this helps.
pgk
Similar Threads
-
By Florinux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 05:07 AM
-
By pcbbc in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 07:42 PM
-
By blackx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 12:10 AM
-
By xd2 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 07:19 PM
-
By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm P/N: SFP-10G-SR (10-2415-03) *NEW SEALED
$25.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

10 Pack 10G SFP+ LR Single Mode Fiber Transceiver 1310nm 10km LC Duplex Module
$58.99