-
[URGENT] Accept this challenge !
Hi
The famous Trojan.StartPage.6.AQ entered in my Windows 2000 Adv. Server.
After i ran HijackThis, and browsered lot of forums, i found a patch from an antivirus developer for it. I ran the patch, the trojan was found, and it asked me to reboot.
When i rebooted i was presented with the login screen, i logued in, but then i saw "Saving your preferences" and instantly i was logued out !!.
Well, these are my problems:
1. I saw i could edit the registry remotely to fix the userinit.exe login/logoff loop problem, but i don't have LAN and i have blocked remote registry editing.
2. I cannot boot from any bootable cdrom, coz i have LILO with knoppix installed in my hdd (I'm posting this from knoppix)
I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server installed with lot of video editing appz, etc. which i use to work.
One possible solution i think is:
Remove LILO, boot from the bootable CDROM, I have miniPE and Hiren's bootcd for fixing the windows problem. And then, after fixing the problem, re-install LILO again and make the things be normal like always...
IS THIS POSSIBLE? ANY OTHER IDEAS? thanks ALOT in advance
-
2. I cannot boot from any bootable cdrom, coz i have LILO with knoppix installed in my hdd (I'm posting this from knoppix)
Simply having LILO installed is no reason why you shouldn't be able to boot from a cd-rom.
LILO is only used after your computer has decided that it should attempt to boot from the hard drive.
It is up to the BIOS to decide whether to boot from floppy/CDROM/harddisk/other etc.
You should check your BIOS settings to ensure that "boot from CD" is enabled..
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2005, 01:44 PM
-
By punksm4ck in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 05:48 PM
-
By gohan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 02:50 PM
-
By dams in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 03:40 PM
-
By raval_pranavxp in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00

Patton SmartNode 4114 VoIP Media Gateway
$120.00