Update. Fixed the video problem. However I now have a new one.
I can only get to 'Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel'...
Any suggestions?
Hey everyone. Definitely new to the land of Linux, however I'm trying to learn it. Need a challenge as Windows has become boring.
Anyways, I'm using the newest version ouf Knoppix CD and I can get to the boot screen just great.
If I just hit enter the screen goes blank. I've tried several times to boo with different settings in the 'help' screen and I've even tried to boot in 'failsafe'. Last night it booted up fine in failsafe but today it's not.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any work arounds to this as I did not see anything posted yet about my specific laptop.
FYI it's a AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 512 RAM, 40 gig....
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Update. Fixed the video problem. However I now have a new one.
I can only get to 'Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel'...
Any suggestions?
I have the same problem - how did you get it fixed? I have the exact same laptop as well.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Intel Core i7-10700T SRH6U 2.00GHz 8-Core LGA 1200 Processor
$130.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00