Update. Fixed the video problem. However I now have a new one.
I can only get to 'Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel'...
Any suggestions?
Hey everyone. Definitely new to the land of Linux, however I'm trying to learn it. Need a challenge as Windows has become boring.
Anyways, I'm using the newest version ouf Knoppix CD and I can get to the boot screen just great.
If I just hit enter the screen goes blank. I've tried several times to boo with different settings in the 'help' screen and I've even tried to boot in 'failsafe'. Last night it booted up fine in failsafe but today it's not.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any work arounds to this as I did not see anything posted yet about my specific laptop.
FYI it's a AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 512 RAM, 40 gig....
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Update. Fixed the video problem. However I now have a new one.
I can only get to 'Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel'...
Any suggestions?
I have the same problem - how did you get it fixed? I have the exact same laptop as well.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Win Server Datacenter 2025 64-Bit DVD 24 Core 50 DAL Brand New +
$55.99