Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: clusterKnoppix -- How to?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I just recently tried to setup several nodes with clusterKNOPPIX 3.6 CDs and the cheatcode "knoppix toram." If I boot normally from CD (no cheats) or from hdd (after knoppix-installer + setting up mfs) openmosixviewer can see all the nodes and all the migration. If I use toram, I only see the local node, sometimes I see a remote node in red.... Is there a fix for this?

    TIA,
    AJG

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    44
    can you be more specific about setting up hdd (after knoppix-installer + setting up mfs) openmosixviewer

    what is "setting up mfs ? mean

    thanks
    peter

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    China
    Posts
    8
    for plener: first u make sure ur master node is up and can access the network, then u set up the knoppix openmosix terminal server as stated, then u make sure your client node's network card support pxe boot (u need to enable network boot in your BIOS), then just start ur client node.

    and to: el_supremo, A. Jorge Garcia and wangji

    I finally found you guys that used quantian successfully, do u mind give me a little hint about my problem?

    I may start quantian in my vmware (boot:migshm), and set up the openmosix terminal server successfully, and then my node and PXE boot from it, my openmosixview also found 2 cpus now, however, while i just randomly open some applications to see if the load is being migrated and the other cpu is not showing any load at all.

    and I found this error on the other node saying that:

    openMosix: Auto-migration of local-processes from this node re-enabled
    openMosix: guest-processes now accepted again
    MFS already mounted!
    omdiscd[2774]: bind failed on interface 0: Address already in use
    omdiscd[2774]: Unable to initialize network. Exiting.

    any comments are greatly appreciated

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I've never gotten PXE to wprk right in my lab.

    I recommend all nodes boot a CD or all nodes be hdinstalled. I've recently had more success with a CD only distro (no hdinstall option) that runs on a 200MB CD and, as a rexult, boots about as fast as hdinstall. This distro in BCCD (Bootable Cluster CD) which also uses openMOSIX. Maybe you sould try it!

    Regards,
    AJG

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    China
    Posts
    8
    Thx Jorge:

    The reason I used quantian PXE boot my slave nodes is that my slaves don't have DVD ROM, but anyways, I did progress a bit and see the load of the cpu shifting back and forth to different nodes using the IBM test script testapp.c here (thx to a friend who mentioned this in the early post)

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...knop.html#main

    I did try BCCD, and it appears not to support my netword card, so...what a pity.

    It's real hard for the openmosix to utilize unless u use some big software such as blender or stuff...so openmosix is really got to develop much further.

    Keep in touch, thx!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. using clusterKnoppix
    By knight28974 in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 08:34 PM
  2. ClusterKnoppix
    By rvg in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 11:33 PM
  3. hd install clusterknoppix
    By plener in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 01:53 AM
  4. ClusterKnoppix problum
    By gordonzero in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 01:08 AM
  5. ClusterKnoppix install
    By deathmas in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Apple iPad Pro 12.9

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good

$489.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$462.74



Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5

Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC

$119.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99