Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kurumin 1.2beta

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44

    Kurumin 1.2beta

    The iso is available at:
    ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/Incoming/

    (Thanks Ibiblio!

    The change-log is available at:
    http://www.guiadohardware.net/linux/kurumin/1.2/

    Have some new apps, drivers for more softmodems, and more "magic icons" including one to install KDE 3.1. My scripts are under the folder /usr/local/bin/ I think they work whith Knoppix too.

    I includded also scripts to use Kurumin as a XDMCP server or client. This is diferent of the Knoppix terminal-server. The clientes don't process anything, just display the images send by the server. Combined with "tamuitolerdo" you can use a P-100 with 16 MB as a terminal, running KDE 3.1, OpenOffice, etc.

    I have a loong text about this here:

    http://www.guiadohardware.net/livros/linux/07.asp

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13

    great looking

    Although I didn't understand the page completely, it looks like you're doing some great work. I saw that you included support for PCTel softmodems. That's awesome. I was wondering when you're planning on moving to kde3.1 (i saw that you can install it), and if you could lend your talents to including LUFS http://lufs.sf.net which is a kernel module for mounting remote servers, such as ssh/scp as a locol "sshFS"? It's a little bit out of my league; but you are becoming quite a master. Also, I'm one of those people that has had a lot of problems getting your remasters to work in English, any work to fix that?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    I'm fixing app by app, configuring and translating to Portuguese Its a kind of monk work, you need some patience. But its interesting because you can learn a lot about Knoppix and Debian in General.

    Thanks for the link, its really so much interesting

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Carlos,

    I really think your work on Kurumin is fantastic. The only think keeping me from making more use of it is the language issue. (That's not a complaint by the way).

    One question. Do you include decss on your cd so mplayer can watch dvds? If so, is it possible to eject your cd and insert a dvd after mplayer has loaded? I recently found another live cd that lets you do this, but it does not have as many apps as Kurumin.

    Take care.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    No, I includded only libdvdread, you can watch some DVDs but not the encripted ones. The focus is Divx and others video formats. At present time they are much, much more important than DVD

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    78
    Sorry for asking, as I know this distribution is being made for the South America community, but isn't it possible to make an English version of Kurumin ??
    You say it was monks work to translate, but maybe this means you allready got the English version of all the apps (incl. KDE) ?
    Thanx for replying and I understand that if the above is not true you will not make the English version, but don't blame me for trying

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    As I said, you just need to change the language settings, about 90% of the system will be in english. But I don plan to develop a 100% pure English version. Much work to translate to Portuguese

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    English Kurumin Version

    As i understand it most if not all of the non-english parts of the OS is in KDE itself, what file(s) would have to be changed to keep the english?
    Is the translation done through /etc/skel/, through the knoppix config files (knoppix.sh, myconfig.tgz), deleting the kde-i18n-* package, or another configuration file?
    Anybody who can help, I'd welcome it. I would rather have this done permanently through a config file of some kind instead of having to re-enable it everytime.

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    86

    doesn't boot

    I have tried downloading the 1.2beta and also 1.1 release and burned both of them but when I try to start the computer with the cd it says "boot failed"... I am able to boot with other cd's I made just fine, knoppix, morphix, etc.... any ideas? I have used Nero to burn it as an ISO image just like knoppix, etc...

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    Maybe your ISO was corrupted. Did you checked the md5sum before burn the CD?

Similar Threads

  1. Kurumin kernel 2.6.1-mm3 bootable cd
    By Prometeus in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 06:50 AM
  2. kurumin .... to english conversion
    By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:59 PM
  3. I want to make a remaster like Kurumin...:)
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 09:06 PM
  4. Kurumin 1.1 going out :-)
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 03:43 AM
  5. Kurumin News :-)
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2003, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic

$299.00



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99