-
Kurumin 1.2beta
The iso is available at:
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/Incoming/
(Thanks Ibiblio! 
The change-log is available at:
http://www.guiadohardware.net/linux/kurumin/1.2/
Have some new apps, drivers for more softmodems, and more "magic icons" including one to install KDE 3.1. My scripts are under the folder /usr/local/bin/ I think they work whith Knoppix too.
I includded also scripts to use Kurumin as a XDMCP server or client. This is diferent of the Knoppix terminal-server. The clientes don't process anything, just display the images send by the server. Combined with "tamuitolerdo" you can use a P-100 with 16 MB as a terminal, running KDE 3.1, OpenOffice, etc.
I have a loong text about this here:
http://www.guiadohardware.net/livros/linux/07.asp
-
Junior Member
registered user
great looking
Although I didn't understand the page completely, it looks like you're doing some great work. I saw that you included support for PCTel softmodems. That's awesome. I was wondering when you're planning on moving to kde3.1 (i saw that you can install it), and if you could lend your talents to including LUFS http://lufs.sf.net which is a kernel module for mounting remote servers, such as ssh/scp as a locol "sshFS"? It's a little bit out of my league; but you are becoming quite a master. Also, I'm one of those people that has had a lot of problems getting your remasters to work in English, any work to fix that?
-
I'm fixing app by app, configuring and translating to Portuguese
Its a kind of monk work, you need some patience. But its interesting because you can learn a lot about Knoppix and Debian in General.
Thanks for the link, its really so much interesting
-
Senior Member
registered user
Carlos,
I really think your work on Kurumin is fantastic. The only think keeping me from making more use of it is the language issue. (That's not a complaint by the way).
One question. Do you include decss on your cd so mplayer can watch dvds? If so, is it possible to eject your cd and insert a dvd after mplayer has loaded? I recently found another live cd that lets you do this, but it does not have as many apps as Kurumin.
Take care.
-
No, I includded only libdvdread, you can watch some DVDs but not the encripted ones. The focus is Divx and others video formats. At present time they are much, much more important than DVD
-
Sorry for asking, as I know this distribution is being made for the South America community, but isn't it possible to make an English version of Kurumin ??
You say it was monks work to translate, but maybe this means you allready got the English version of all the apps (incl. KDE) ?
Thanx for replying and I understand that if the above is not true you will not make the English version, but don't blame me for trying
-
As I said, you just need to change the language settings, about 90% of the system will be in english. But I don plan to develop a 100% pure English version. Much work to translate to Portuguese
-
English Kurumin Version
As i understand it most if not all of the non-english parts of the OS is in KDE itself, what file(s) would have to be changed to keep the english?
Is the translation done through /etc/skel/, through the knoppix config files (knoppix.sh, myconfig.tgz), deleting the kde-i18n-* package, or another configuration file?
Anybody who can help, I'd welcome it. I would rather have this done permanently through a config file of some kind instead of having to re-enable it everytime.
-
doesn't boot
I have tried downloading the 1.2beta and also 1.1 release and burned both of them but when I try to start the computer with the cd it says "boot failed"... I am able to boot with other cd's I made just fine, knoppix, morphix, etc.... any ideas? I have used Nero to burn it as an ISO image just like knoppix, etc...
-
Maybe your ISO was corrupted. Did you checked the md5sum before burn the CD?
Similar Threads
-
By Prometeus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 06:50 AM
-
By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:59 PM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 09:06 PM
-
By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 26
Last Post: 03-18-2003, 03:43 AM
-
By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Motherboard Used
$250.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

Rare Vintage Soviet KM1801VM3 (КМ1801ВМ3) 16-bit CPU Processor - White Ceramic
$99.00

Rare Vintage Soviet T34VM1 (Т34ВМ1) Z80 CPU Processor
$99.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00