Hi again,
I have tried to partition my hd (18G ) using FIPS to split the windows partition. I defragged the drive ran FIPS and set the partitions at 8 and 10 G approx. Everytime I reboot after running scandisk and fdisk /mbr from the boot floppy windoze starts to boot and then jumps straight to the IT IS NOW SAFE TO TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER. screen. If I restore the partitions using RESTORBB on the FIPS floppy then windows boots but explorer still reads the partition as what I set it at eg 8G . running defrag and scandisk restores it to the correct values and windows is OK. Why wont it let me split the partition?
It is an OEM install (NEC Pakard Bell) has that got anything to do with it?
any help appreciated
JOCK
![]()

G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY
$550.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX
$42.00
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00