Hi again,
I have tried to partition my hd (18G ) using FIPS to split the windows partition. I defragged the drive ran FIPS and set the partitions at 8 and 10 G approx. Everytime I reboot after running scandisk and fdisk /mbr from the boot floppy windoze starts to boot and then jumps straight to the IT IS NOW SAFE TO TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER. screen. If I restore the partitions using RESTORBB on the FIPS floppy then windows boots but explorer still reads the partition as what I set it at eg 8G . running defrag and scandisk restores it to the correct values and windows is OK. Why wont it let me split the partition?
It is an OEM install (NEC Pakard Bell) has that got anything to do with it?
any help appreciated
JOCK
![]()

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00
Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99