Hi,
I compiled my Kernel to accomodate the 5336 Nvidia driver some time ago. I am wondering if the new one (6106) will install without recompiling using NVidia's installer/ Does anyone have any ideas??
Jim
Hi,
I compiled my Kernel to accomodate the 5336 Nvidia driver some time ago. I am wondering if the new one (6106) will install without recompiling using NVidia's installer/ Does anyone have any ideas??
Jim
Yes you can. Just run ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6106.run because the header is there...but you need to uninstall the driver first.
But you can do the easiest way....jus run command as SU:
nvidia-installer --update.[/b]
I you compiled your kernel, and NVIDIA as a module package you just have to use apt to fetch the new ones a compile a new module like so:-
apt-get -t unstable install nvidia-source nvidia-kernel-common
compile & install modules as before (make-kpkg modules_image)
apt-get -t unstable nvidia-glx
Kelmo,
I used a procedure you posted to do the compile that installed 5336. Does that mean it is compiled as modules? (I don't understand the module stuff yet)?
Does Shah's proposed method presume a different type of compile or build method (for the 5336 install)?
Jim
MillTek
When we compile a kernel for installing nvidia driver, we don't actually going to use the kernel we compiled. We only going to use the kernel header for nvidia installer to recognize. So the modules thing, doesn't really important.
Read my post, you may get the idea.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ghlight=nvidia

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)
$150.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00