Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Locating hardware

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3

    Locating hardware

    I have just recently started using Knoppix, and I have had a bit of difficulty locating all of my hardware while using it. Where can I find a list (online or otherwise) of what directories are associated with the various devices? Currently, I am especially interested in accessing a USB Zip Drive.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Make sure to put a disk in your zip drive before you boot knoppix then look in /mnt.

    I don't have any usb stuff so I can't help you any more than that, but I know that with IDE zip drives they are not initialized if you boot without a disk in them.

    HTH

    rock

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Put a disk in as Rock suggests, boot then-

    cat /proc/scsi/scsi

    your device should show up there.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3
    Thank you. That helps... The device is listed when I type cat /proc/scsi/scsi. However, how do I get access to the files on the disk?

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Search for 'mounting drives' and/or 'mount points'. Sorry I can't do better than that- perhaps tomorow after some sleep. It's fairly easy and well discussed. Good sites:

    http://www.justlinux.com
    http://www.linuxquestions.org
    http://debian.org

    BTW mounting drives on mount points is pertinent to all Linux distros not just Knoppix.

Similar Threads

  1. Add special hardware to the hardware detection on boot
    By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
  2. Locating my second hard drive in Knoppix.
    By dmedici in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-19-2003, 01:13 AM
  3. Hardware Detection
    By staverts in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 06:48 AM
  4. hardware
    By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 11:45 AM
  5. Hardware?
    By AdamTruth in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD picture

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD

$100.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73