Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hdd Install No Clue

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1

    Hdd Install No Clue

    I have no clue on how to install Knoppix 3.4 to the hard drive. I have a 60gb hard drive with Windows XP & a 10gb hard drive with nothing on it. I know how to boot the cd to the desktop. I started this boot command sudo knoppix-installer and then i'm lost. I want to keep Windows XP also for right now until I figure out Knoppix. So any help please if you can be detail because I don't know what I doing right now. I'm trying to learn from doing searches so I am trying.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    There must be 100 posts (probably many more) about dual booting xp & Knoppix. Try the windows forum.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    reply

    Did you format the other drive for linux ext3. Make sure in the knoppix installer you hit the space bar when you highlight your choice. The dot has to be on your choice in between the parenthesis. Try beginner install. Good luck.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by mzilikazi
    There must be 100 posts (probably many more) about dual booting xp & Knoppix. Try the windows forum.
    Just to clarify, JerryD, search the entire forum - not just the windows forum. The windows forum is less than a month old. I doubt that it has as many as 100 posts total yet.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core I3-540 SLBTD 3.067GHz CPU Processor LGA1156 picture

Intel Core I3-540 SLBTD 3.067GHz CPU Processor LGA1156

$13.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99