-
kde problem after upgrade + network
Hello,
I installed Knoppix 3.4 on my hd.
Then I wanted to set a more beatiful kde, so I installed kdeartwork via apt-get. Then I upgrade all with apt-get upgrade.
The problem is that most of themes disappears from kde, and only old and ugly themes are shown.
The result is the same if I do the upgrade and then kdeartwork install.
Another problem is that my network card setting are loosede every reboot; how I make them persistent?
Thanks,
badmouth
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm not sure but perhaps kde-graphics has disappeared while updating
Code:
# dpkg -l grep -i knopp
]ii knoppix-graphi 3.3-2 The background wallpaper and ksplash graphic
Your network...
Script should do the job.
Well, perhaps Knoppix tutorial
http://www.eleli.de/knoppix/docs/tut...uration.html#6
Configuring the network card could help.
-tapsa-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try upgrading libqt3c102-mt with:
Code:
apt-get -t unstable install libqt3c102-mt
I had a similar problem with disappearing styles and themes and this fixed it.
-
Senior Member
registered user
For the networkcard configuration lost everytime you boot is common
problem with knoppix3.4. The workaround is to edit your /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
Find line : pump -i $DEVICE >/dev/null 2>&1 &
It should look like this:
trap 2 3 11
#pump -i $DEVICE >/dev/null 2>&1 & (*comment out)
/etc/init.d/networking restart (*add this line)
trap "" 2 3 11
Similar Threads
-
By DimGR in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2004, 07:14 AM
-
By timread in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2004, 12:22 AM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By tagamichi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 06:23 AM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read-
$239.95

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00