-
Senior Member
registered user
What happened to reiserfs???
I was installing knoppix in to another machine... after the installation process I log in to root and just for curiosity i went to QTPARTED to take a look at the situation of my drive and guess what... I have ext3 partition!!!
Is this normal?
-
When you install knoppix, I think it formats the partition to ext3 before installing, this happens regardless of what type of partition you had before.
Don't take my word for it, I'm still a newbie, but I think that's the answer. Can anyone verify this?
-
Yes, the default is ext3. If you want reiserfs you should make the appropriate change to the .knofig file.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Could You more information on how to do it?
Which one is faster for You, reiserfs or ext3?
Thanks
-
In many result tests reiser is faster than ext3, so it is a interesting option. I allways choose reiser, but I think vfs is faster too.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
dobell
In many result tests reiser is faster than ext3
Possibly, but I don't think it matters that much, unless you run a heavy-duty server. If you dual boot, ext3 has the nice property of being browsable from windows with explore2fs...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Reiser 4is suppose to be faster on even smaller end system and is great for lots of small files.
Similar Threads
-
By ricardomardi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:15 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 10:23 PM
-
By RoadKill in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By evirus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module
$150.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55