I was installing knoppix in to another machine... after the installation process I log in to root and just for curiosity i went to QTPARTED to take a look at the situation of my drive and guess what... I have ext3 partition!!!
Is this normal?
I was installing knoppix in to another machine... after the installation process I log in to root and just for curiosity i went to QTPARTED to take a look at the situation of my drive and guess what... I have ext3 partition!!!
Is this normal?
When you install knoppix, I think it formats the partition to ext3 before installing, this happens regardless of what type of partition you had before.
Don't take my word for it, I'm still a newbie, but I think that's the answer. Can anyone verify this?
Yes, the default is ext3. If you want reiserfs you should make the appropriate change to the .knofig file.
Could You more information on how to do it?
Which one is faster for You, reiserfs or ext3?
Thanks
In many result tests reiser is faster than ext3, so it is a interesting option. I allways choose reiser, but I think vfs is faster too.
Possibly, but I don't think it matters that much, unless you run a heavy-duty server. If you dual boot, ext3 has the nice property of being browsable from windows with explore2fs...Originally Posted by dobell
Reiser 4is suppose to be faster on even smaller end system and is great for lots of small files.

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49