-
Missing file
I am new to Knoppix. I am using it for a class. I ran the cd on my laptop typed my assignment in OpenOffice and saved it on the desktop. I had to logoff and when I rebooted I could not find the file. This may sound dumb and obvious, but is there any chance to find the file?
Thanks,
Kelly
-
Sadly, the file is lost forever.
In the future, you might want to save any files to floppy or some other removeable media before restarting the computer. If you set up persistant home you could also save files there. This way, upon booting, you would use the cheatcode "knoppix home=scan". I have never set up persistant home, perhaps another member with more experience in this area can provide more information on using this feature.
Similar Threads
-
By sepekte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
-
By s-m-n in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:27 PM
-
By mmarks in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 07:20 PM
-
By krix in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:39 AM
-
By jnowlin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800
$199.95

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Atari St Diskette Lot Spot Tested Utilities Back Up Games 98 Disks Uncle Pervo
$127.42

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

ATARI 800 XL 8-Bit Computer w/ Power Supply
$169.00