Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Missing file

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1

    Missing file

    I am new to Knoppix. I am using it for a class. I ran the cd on my laptop typed my assignment in OpenOffice and saved it on the desktop. I had to logoff and when I rebooted I could not find the file. This may sound dumb and obvious, but is there any chance to find the file?

    Thanks,

    Kelly

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    Sadly, the file is lost forever. In the future, you might want to save any files to floppy or some other removeable media before restarting the computer. If you set up persistant home you could also save files there. This way, upon booting, you would use the cheatcode "knoppix home=scan". I have never set up persistant home, perhaps another member with more experience in this area can provide more information on using this feature.

Similar Threads

  1. File recovery / File permissions help needed?
    By sepekte in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.8.1 Bootfloppy image file is missing
    By s-m-n in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:27 PM
  3. Missing 45xsession File?
    By mmarks in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 07:20 PM
  4. apt problem: files list file missing
    By krix in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:39 AM
  5. Missing Image File for Creating Boot Floppy
    By jnowlin in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER picture

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER

$349.99



IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED picture

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED

$165.00



DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC  picture

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC

$1299.00



IBM 02AN553  01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN  Internal Server Systems Adapter picture

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter

$199.99