It seems to be installed:
Unless something other is missing, or badly installed...Code:ii ijsgimpprint 4.2.7-2 Inkjet Server - Ghostscript driver for Gimp- ii libgimpprint1 4.2.7-2 The Gimp-Print printer driver library
It seems to be installed:
Unless something other is missing, or badly installed...Code:ii ijsgimpprint 4.2.7-2 Inkjet Server - Ghostscript driver for Gimp- ii libgimpprint1 4.2.7-2 The Gimp-Print printer driver library
What about the cupsys-driver files for gimpprint?
This is what I get grepping for print on kanotix:
Code:markus@fujibox:~$ COLUMNS=140 dpkg -l|grep print ii cupsomatic-ppd 20040506-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - transition package ii cupsys-driver-gimpprint 4.2.7-2 Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS ii cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data 4.2.7-2 Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS ii docbook-dsssl 1.78-4 modular DocBook DSSSL stylesheets, for print and HTML ii foomatic-bin 3.0.1-20040506-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - transition package ii foomatic-db 20040705-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - database ii foomatic-db-engine 3.0.1-20040506-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - programs ii foomatic-db-gimp-print 4.2.7-2 linuxprinting.org printer support - database for Gimp-Print printer driver ii foomatic-db-hpijs 1.5-20040621-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - database for HPIJS printers ii foomatic-filters 3.0.1-20040621-4 linuxprinting.org printer support - filters ii foomatic-filters-ppds 20040506-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - prebuilt PPD files ii ijsgimpprint 4.2.7-2 Inkjet Server - Ghostscript driver for Gimp-Print ii kdeprint 3.3.0-1 KDE Print ii libgimpprint1 4.2.7-2 The Gimp-Print printer driver library ii libgnomeprint-bin 0.37-5 The GNOME Print architecture - binary files ii libgnomeprint-data 0.37-5 The GNOME Print architecture - data files ii libgnomeprint15 0.37-5 The GNOME Print architecture - runtime library ii libxp-dev 4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X Window System printing extension library development files ii libxp6 4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X Window System printing extension library ii xprt 4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X print server (XFree86 version) ii xprt-common 0.0.9.final.001-5 Xprint - the X11 print system (configuration files) ii xprt-xprintorg 0.0.9.final.001-5 Xprint - the X11 print system from xprint.org (binary)
Mumble... it seems more than something is missing!![]()
Here it is what I got:
Code:root@Torquato:/home/gianfri# dpkg -l|grep print ii foomatic-bin 3.0.1-20040506 linuxprinting.org printer support - transiti ii foomatic-db 20040705-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - database ii foomatic-db-en 3.0.1-20040506 linuxprinting.org printer support - programs ii foomatic-db-gi 4.2.7-2 linuxprinting.org printer support - database ii foomatic-db-hp 1.5-20040621-1 linuxprinting.org printer support - database ii foomatic-filte 3.0.1-20040621 linuxprinting.org printer support - filters ii ijsgimpprint 4.2.7-2 Inkjet Server - Ghostscript driver for Gimp- ii kdeprint 3.2.3-1 KDE Print ii libgimpprint1 4.2.7-2 The Gimp-Print printer driver library ii libwine-print 0.0.20040615-1 Windows Emulator (Printing Module) ii libxp-dev 4.3.0.dfsg.1-6 X Window System printing extension library d ii libxp6 4.3.0.dfsg.1-6 X Window System printing extension library ii mpage 2.5.3-1 print multiple pages per sheet on PostScript ii pdf-printercon 0.1-1 sets up and pdf printer service ii print-utils-pf 0.1-1 provides various print utils ii samba 3.0.5-1 a LanManager-like file and printer server fo ii smbconf-pfeifl 0.5-4 Kurt's smb.conf for native printing support ii wprint 2.04-1 Print any charset from web browsers and Html
I haven't done any cleaning up on printer drivers, so you probably don't need them all, but try getting cupsys-driver-gimpprint and cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data
I really don't know what to think.![]()
I tried your advise, but it seems there is nothing to do: it still does not prints.
I tried even connecting the printer via the parallel port (just another try...) but - obviously - it wasn't useful. Of course, the printer is fully functional, as I dual boot with windows, and in windows I can print.
I tried to inspect the printing queue; there are only the test print jobs, spooled and terminated, not pending. Well, looking at the IPP log I can see, on the last row:
"job-state-reason: aborted-by-system"
but why??
Sorry, but can't think of much to try anymore as I don't actually run knoppix.
According to http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...ylus_Color_670 it should work just fine.
You could still try apt-getting foomatic-db-hpijs and foomatic-filters-ppds and checking if the foomatic driver would work as mentioned in the link.
Well, thank you very much, indeed. I learned a lot from your advises, and I'll try to search in the site you reported. By the way, i'll never give up trying... there MUST be a way to get my printer working.
Again, thank you.
Printers are badly broken in 3.4 & 3.6. Like you I did an HD install from Knoppix 3.6. Then reverted to 3.3 when I could not get the printer to work. I downloaded the "fix-cups.sh" script referred to earlier in this thread and tried again. The script is a simple remove and re-install cupsys, but with the emphasis on gimpprint driver on the reinstall. It removed the broken cupsys OK, but failed on the re-install because I needed to run "apt-get update" first (took about 45 mins on a dial-up). I then ran the re-install scriptline manually (by the way, this is all as "root") in a terminal window (about 12 mins on a dial-up). As it progressed, it recommended some other packages, and I went back afterwards and installed the "gimpprint-docs" and "gimpprint-locales" as well. My Epson C70 has now installed perfectly using the gimpprint driver (it has a suffix which I think is 4.2.7 [I'm not on that machine at the moment]).Originally Posted by Nic MFP
Basically you have to remove the cupsys that loads from 3.6 and replace it with the latest package from Debian, not just upgrade it.
As an aside, I'm a fan of the KDE twin-panel file manager Krusader, that does not come with Knoppix. Having seen the ease with which "apt-get" installed this, after reloading cupsys, I am now a convert to Debian (from SuSE) and am busily converting others to Knoppix. The niggles like broken printers are a pain, but the ease of install and the wealth of open-source software that comes with it has prompted some incredulous "it can't be that easy" responses. Roll on Knoppix64!
![]()
YES!! IT WORKS!!
![]()
![]()
You're great! Finally I did it and now I am looking at my first printed page in linux... by a strange combination now my stereo is playing the 5th movimento of Beethoven's IX symphony.![]()
There is only a thing I didn't understand. I configured the printer via the GUI but it didn'work. Then, I tried reconfiguring it via the HTML interface (now it works, too!), andthe printer started doing its job.
Thank you and all others who tried to help me.
Anyone have luck printing from KNOPPIX 3.6 2004.0816 to an HP Color LaserJet 3500?
TIA,
AJG

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 64GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$490.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$325.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99