-
Junior Member
registered user
Puzzling Network Problem on HD Installation - Sudden Stop
I had my Knoppix box up and running just fine, then shut the machine off and went on vacation for a few days. When I came home and turned it back on, it would not see my network, always comes up with that default IP address of 169.254.103.69 that a card gets if it is all alone in the world.
Now, booting from the Knoppix CD, I can connect just fine, so the hardware isn't the problem.
I haven't changed anything that I know of, but no combination of changes to /etc/networking/interfaces or other config files has helped.
I like to run this box with a fixed IP, but setting it to use static or dhcp I get the same result.
I'm not sure how to diagnose it or what tools to use to try to figure it out. I haven't done much with this machine since I built it, so I could consider a reinstall, but I'd really rather not.
How can I figure out what's wrong?
Posting config info and stuff will be sort of tough since the thing is offline, but I can reboot from the CD and copy the files at least.
Thanks in advance...
Similar Threads
-
By dark_mage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2005, 04:53 PM
-
By Akizok in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 07:30 AM
-
By mightydavefish in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:34 AM
-
By Larzp in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 12:33 PM
-
By bronstein in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 11:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK hynix 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2×16GB) PC4-2666V-SE1-11 HMA82GS6JJR8N-VK
$99.99

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$2649.00

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

Synology 4GB ECC SOD DDR4 D4ES04-4G
$129.99